Your Action Plan
- Early March – Put up Point of Sale Materials
- Engage your customers via email with offers and valuable information
- Get your online presence ready
- Social Media
- Online advertising (co-op eligible)
- Use your dealer management system to automate your customer retention strategy. Make these new consumers, new customers for life.
Table Tents & a Counter Mat showed up early March.
Contact your Customers via Email
Send email through an email service provider
Your Online Presence
There are 3.5 Billion Google Searches a day. Consumers will be searching “Saab Takata airbag recall”. The good news – all search is local search. You want your website to rank organically and you may want to pay for some paid search opportunities. Consumers click on the organic listings approximately 70% of the time. Approximately 12% on the paid search.
- Update at least once per month – Google and other search engines love up to date content. Google will not serve your website to a consumer if you do not update it often
- Be sure your business information is correct all across the web. Do you have multiple phone numbers circulating at different locations? That could hurt how you rank on Google.
- Have well written content about the recall
- Reference relevant articles from different news outlets
- Reference NHTSA.gov
Now that you have content, make sure your website visually represents the recall with these banner ads. When you click on the ads, they will open in another window. Right click on image and Save Image As
- Take pictures of the materials coming in
- Saab owners, check out all of the airbags that came in for your 9-3s and 9-5s. Call us today to see if your car is part of the recall and schedule your service
- Do Facebook Advertising – you can target prospects in your area that readily tell you their loves and interests. One might just be “I love my Saab”
- Reach out to us today to see if your Saab is part of the Takata airbag safety recall
- Do you have a Saab 9-3 or 9-5? Your vehicle’s air bag may have been recalled. Call us today to schedule your appointment.
- New to our Saab Official Service Center due to the recall – here is what you can expect from us: <<list your service expectations>>